Pin It
Protect

Mum Shares Heartbreaking Story Serves as Warning to Others

Mum Shares Heartbreaking Story Serves as Warning to Others

A heartbroken mum has spoken out to remind parents of the dangers nappy sacks pose to babies and young children after her seven-month baby Maison tragically suffocated.

maisonsmemory header

Nappy bags seem innocent enough, however, as one young mum found out to her horror, they can change lives in the blink of an eye.

The parents of Maison George Louis Amison, who died at the age of just seven months, have set up a Facebook page called Maison’s Memory to share their story with as many parents as possible. This week, Maison’s Mum once again relived her heartbreaking discovery so that she could reach new parents who may not be aware of the risk nappy sacks pose.

She wrote:

‘After a rubbish pregnancy in which I had spd, pre-eclampsia and gestational diabetes we welcomed our first baby into the world on 6th August 2012.

‘A baby boy weighing 8lbs 14oz. Maison George Louis Amison. My everything.’

Maison's memory

She goes on to describe how one small oversight changed everything:

‘I walked into Maisons bedroom and found him in his cot with a nappy sack over his face.

‘From then it’s all a big blur. I remember seeing the bumper had been pushed down in the corner, almost like it had been stood on.

‘There was a tall changing unit next to the cot and Maison, our 7 month baby who couldn’t even crawl, must of learned to stand up in the night and reached over to a pocket in the changing stand where a handful of nappy sacks were.’

Despite attempts to resuscitate Maison, he later died. Giving evidence at the enquiry into his death, Pathologist Dr Philip Cox, of Birmingham Women’s Hospital, who carried out the post-mortem examination, said Maison’s lungs were congested after his breathing had been blocked. He went on to say:

“I have seen other cases where babies have been suffocated with a nappy sack. Myself and a colleague have between us come across three previous cases in the last seven or eight years.

‘The problem is that the sacks are light and very thin and, therefore, easy to inhale. Maison could easily have sucked it into his mouth and the bag would have conformed to the contours of his mouth.

 

 

While this may appear to be a freak accident, Maison’s parents have since found out that many other babies have died in similar circumstances after being left unattended with nappy sacks within reach.

Maison’s mother warns parents of the dangers of ignoring her warning:

‘If you have them at home where are they? Are you 100% sure there are no random ones down the sofa or lying around somewhere?

‘I can’t change that I have a child who died but I can help prevent another family being ripped apart like ours.’

Don’t Let This Happen to Your Child

Never leave your baby or small children with any type of plastic bag or nappy sack. Store them well out of reach of inquisitive hands.

 

Next article The Only Guide to Baby Cord Blood Banking in Singapore You’ll Ever Need
Previous article Baby Fairs in Singapore 2017

Related posts

0 Comments

No Comments Yet!

You can be first to comment this post!

Leave a Comment

Your data will be safe! Your e-mail address will not be published. Also other data will not be shared with third person. Required fields marked as *

Check out the Singapore Baby Store | $5 flat rate shipping Singapore | $10 flat rate international shipping | 30-day Returns Shop Now

GORGEOUS

GET YOUR 10% DISCOUNT 

HAPPY SHOPPING!

YOUR DISCOUNT CODE: